Image Map

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Swampfoot 4 Mile

A few weeks ago I ran the Swampfoot 4 Mile in St. Clair Michigan. It was awesome!

The morning was a little muggy and there was overcast, but it was perfect weather for this run! It got hot and sunny in the afternoon so it must have been killer for the later heats. We got there with enough time to register, put our stuff back in the car, walk around the event area and stretch. We lined up about 10 minutes before our heat started!
(I paid for these pictures, but could not download them. I have actual copies coming in the mail)


There were a ton of logs laid across the running area all over the course. My ass hurt the next day from having to jump or step over them! There were a ton of different obstacles but none of them were overly challenging.


The last 1/2 mile of the race had a bunch of obstacles starting with this one above. You climbed up the other side, climbed across netting and then had to slide down into the muddy water. Gross!!! That was followed by a tire run and army crawling through more muddy gross water. It was a great way to end the race and you pushed yourself even harder because you knew that it was the final stretch!

 
Overall I finished 72 in my age group. Not too bad considering. I stayed with some of the other people because I had a bad experience during my last obstacle run but next year I would feel good running this course by myself and getting a more accurate time.
 
My brother was very excited for this race and ended up finished 8th in his age group! I'm super proud of him. He was also proud because he beat all the marines times. ;)
 
My brother finished in 40 minutes, my husband finished in 55 minutes (jerk..no training at all!) and I finished in 1:10. The rest of the group finished in about 1:20. As soon as I saw the finish line, I bolted because I wanted to give my all for the last portion of the race! it was worth it!
 
 
 

Overall we had a great time. We look forward to doing more races like this one. It was challenging, fun and the atmosphere was great. We will be back next year!

 photo crystalseyes-sig.png

No comments:

Post a Comment