Image Map

Friday, September 20, 2013

Half Marathon Training (Or Lack of)

In the beginning of August, I signed up for my first half marathon. You can read about that HERE. I was feeling so motivated and inspired. A lot of people at work are running it and I just felt like I could do it if I set my mind to it. I set a training schedule for long runs and I completely messed up because I had a long vacation in there. What I originally planned is in black and what I've done so far is in pink
 
Long Training Runs:
August 31st - Swampfoot 4 Mile / 4 Mile Obstacle Race
September 7th - 6 miles / 6 miles
September 14th - 7 miles / Nothing (vacation)
September 21st - 8 miles
September 28th - 9 miles
October 5th - 10 miles
October 12th - 11 miles
October 20th - RACE DAY!
 
 I know that I can push myself physically and I CAN DO THIS! The next few weeks are going to be crazy but I'm going to stick to my run schedule and I am going to do my best. I may have to add a half mile or so to each of my runs to stay on track. I'm really looking forward to this half because it is international!  
 
 
I will be running this weekend one way or another! I'm going to attempt to run tomorrow morning because we are celebrating my 30th birthday tomorrow night so I may not be in the best shape Sunday morning. ;)
 
From our friends house in California! So sweet!
Sorry for my lack of posts lately. I've been out of town and things have been hectic. I'll be recapping my Swampfoot 4 Mile Race next week along with our amazing vacation to California!
 
While your here, check out this awesome giveaway from Easy Canvas Prints HERE. The quality is great and the pricing is very reasonable. I will definitely use them in the future! There are very low entries as of now. Enjoy.

 photo crystalseyes-sig.png

1 comment: