Image Map

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What I ate when I went Vegan (& Lost 20 pounds)

First, let me point out that I am NOT Vegan.
I cannot call myself Vegan because I struggle too much with eating out and finding a substitute for eggs when baking. But, when I first tried being Vegan, I did it semi-strictly for months. I say semi-strictly, because I bought a lot of substitutions and sometimes didn't realize that they were made with a dairy or egg product. Still learning as I go.
 
The results of just changing my diet:
20 pound difference
Here is what I ate in a typical day when I went vegan.
I name specific brands because you would be absolutely amazed how many things you buy actually have animal and dairy products in them!

BREAKFAST
16oz bottle of water
 
LUNCH
Spaghetti Leftovers from last nights dinner
16oz bottle of water
 
Spaghetti:
DeBoles Organic Spaghetti noodles
Sauce:
1 packet Boca Veggie Crumbles (full of protein)
Any veggies (I usually add some mushrooms or peppers)
 
DINNER
Frozen organic green beans
Baked potato
 
My favorite recipe that I tried since making this lifestyle change is Avocado Pesto Pasta! You can find it on my blog HERE. I love it!
 
SNACKS
Roasted Cashews
Hummus & Pita Bread or Veggies
Peanut Butter & Celery
Pretzels

When we first gave this lifestyle change a try, I wasn't working out. It was right after the holiday and it wasn't a priority for me at the time. So ALL I did when I lost this weight was simply change what I was eating. Not only did the weight melt off me, but I felt amazing!

 
 photo crystalseyes-sig.png


29 comments:

  1. I need to get on your level and now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 20 lb difference just in diet change? That's awesome!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I could ever go completely Vegan but I've been wanting to try vegetarian. I'm sooo picky though that it creates a problem. Good job on your results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with the Friday Flash Blog. I hope you checked out the highlighted posts as well as everyone’s terrific entries. Have a fabulous weekend!

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to lose weight and have been thinking of changing my eating habits and becoming a vegan. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and my health is not the best and I feel I should do something to correct it.

    ReplyDelete