Since changing our eating lifestyle I'm always looking for quick, easy and healthy recipes. The weekdays are so hectic and I don't always have a lot of time to chop up a bunch of veggies or take a lot of time to make a meal.
This recipe can be ready and on your table in under 30 minutes.
Vegetarian "Chicken" Fried Rice
2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
3 tsp minced garlic
1 bag frozen organic mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
1 bag Quorn Chik'n tenders
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 cups brown rice
- Prepare brown rice according to package or in advance if you have a rice cooker
- Microwave the Quorn Chik'n tenders according to package and set aside
- Melt butter in a saute pan and then add garlic and frozen vegetables. Stir for about 5 minutes or until all veggies are heated
- Add rice, Chik'n and soy sauce
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
The Quorn Chik'n tenders contain egg ingredients so this recipe is NOT vegan. But the 'Natural Flavors' are from non-meat sources, so that is a plus!