Image Map

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Avocado Pesto Pasta

Since becoming meat and dairy free (about 90%) I have tried all sorts of new recipes. I have even tried things that I would have NEVER though of trying in the past.

I found this recipe on Pinterest and the original site where the recipe was created is HERE. She has a lot of Vegan recipes and I can't wait to try more!

I absolutely LOVE this dish. It takes under 30 minutes to make and makes enough for lunch the next day. Since discovering this recipe and realizing how quickly it can be made, we make this once a week. My son even loves it!


Here is my version of this recipe:

  • 2 boxes DeBoles Organic Spinach Fettuccine
  • 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Basil
  • ½ cup pine nuts
  • 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 teaspoons Minced Garlic (or more to taste)
  • ½ cup olive oil
  •  
    Directions
    • Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook according to package directions.
    • Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, minced garlic, and oil in a food processor (My blender mixes it fine). Process until smooth.
    • Drain pasta and immediately toss with pesto and serve. (This dish cools quickly)
    • That's it! So simple and easy
     ENJOY!

    Since changing our lifestyle and the way we eat in December, we've been learning more about what is in our food. We TRY hard to buy organic and have been trying even harder now to avoid GMO's. My rule of thumb is this:

     

    This little guy right here is the reason why I strive to be a healthier version of myself. I want to make sure he eats well and I want to make sure I'm around a very long time to enjoy that sweet smile of his!
     

     photo crystalseyes-sig.png

    4 comments:

    1. I, too am on a mission to eat cleaner. I am a new follower from the Mingle Monday.

      http://secondchances-ash.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    2. yumm. this sounds great!

      Thanks for linking up the to Friend Connect Blog Hop today!

      Co-Host // Justynn
      Creative Life Antics

      ReplyDelete
    3. That looks really good. Trouble is, no one in my family likes avocado! Have a terrific week!

      ReplyDelete
    4. This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete