Image Map

Friday, April 19, 2013

Color me Rad - First 5K in Three Years!

I ran my first and only 5K in May 2010. I did the Race for the Cure that is in Detroit each year. I ran with a friend of mine who helped me stay motivated and pace myself. We ran it in 33 minutes and I was so proud of myself. I did the Couch to 5K program leading up to this race. My mom, sister and some friends did the walk and we all had lunch afterwards! It was such a wonderful experience, that I am not sure why I haven't run another race since. Probably because I can never get anyone to sign up with me. Anyway...



I was recently asked by an old friend of mine to run the Color Me Rad in Detroit on May 11th! I said yes and signed my husband and I up. Ugh...small problem...I haven't run in months! I did run once in January (once...lmao..I'm so ridiculous sometimes) and with my new eating habits, I was actually able to run two miles before I needed a break so I think I will be OK if I run a few times a week till the race. My husband will probably not run once and do great...he's lucky like that! I know that I can do this, and signing up for a race is the perfect motivation. I will do my first run this weekend. Hopefully this is the kick in the ass I need to jump start my running again!

I am SO excited to run this race! It looks like such a great time and supports such a wonderful cause. Can't wait!

I am contemplating running a Half Marathon in October, but I am not sure if I can train for that yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment