Image Map

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What's for Dinner?

So many people ask me what we eat. I understand this question all so well because I used to ask vegetarians/vegans the same thing. I just couldn't imagine a meal not including a meat, potato and vegetable! That is just how I was raised.

So, here is a quick example. This is what we had for dinner last night. Not the healthiest of meals, but who doesn't love spaghetti?!??


I cut up a small green pepper, red pepper and the mushrooms. I sautee'd them in a pan with Earth Balance Butter. When everything is nice and soft, I add the can of spaghetti sauce and the thawed Veggie Crumbles. Once the sauce is hot, Just pour on whatever noodles you want. Simple & Quick!

My son had the veggies. (I took some out before adding the sauce) and some Veggie Nuggets. I don't like to give him pasta unless its bath night. Seriously. After pasta night, I find it everywhere on that kid. I don't know how he does it!

I bought the Yves Meatless Grounds because they were on sale. They are frozen and be thawed in 5 minutes. I LOVE veggie crumbles in general. You can use them in any recipe where you would normally use ground beef or ground turkey and I never notice a difference. I use them for taco night and for making chili. They are also a great source of protien!

I use some other brands as well. I especially like Boca Veggie Crumbles.

Eating healthy like this is hard sometimes and I honestly feel like it can be more expensive. I'm sure there are cheaper recipes, but I haven't tried too many yet. I'll get there eventually.

I find most of my recipes on Pinterest. I try them. Some are awesome and some are just plain awful. More to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment