Image Map

Friday, January 10, 2014

NYE Do Over

First, let me tell you that I am the ultimate optimist. The glass is always half full for me, I always try to see the positive in every situation, and I try my damnedest not to complain too much. I almost annoy myself and let's be honest, nothing in most of our lives is that bad...seriously.


So when I tell you that I want a New Years Eve Do-over because ours was awful, I truly mean it. I can find no positive in my NYE except that I am alive. ;)

Hanging out Saturday night!
Our NYE plans consisted of two other couples coming over, putting the kids to bed, and then hanging out. We were looking forward to some drinks, board games and Cards Against Humanity (best game ever). Our nieces, their 11 month old son and myself started getting sick on Monday. On Tuesday (NYE) I felt fine until about 4:00. Around that time we got a call from the other couple saying their daughter had pink eye and they couldn't make it. From 4:00 on, I progressively got worse and so did their son. At 10:00 I was upstairs getting sick, crawled into bed and passed out. I was woken up around 11 by my husband who said that our niece and fiance were leaving to take their son to the ER due to breathing issues. They ended up admitting him because he had croup. I went to urgent care the next day to find out I had sinusitis. I didn't feel better till the following Monday and same with the little guy.

We are honestly planning another get together with these couples for our NYE Do-over! We were really looking forward to some adult conversation and good times so hopefully we re-schedule soon.
The boys hanging out before the plague hit!
Shortly after NYE, we got the biggest snow storm and coldest weather we've had in Michigan in FOREVER!  We honestly bought this snow blower 3 years ago and this is the first time we have used it! The perfect start to 2014! 


Hope everyone has a good weekend!

 photo crystalseyes-sig.png

1 comment:

  1. This snow storm is insane isn't it?! {I live in the Thumb} We had terrible lake effect up by our house and we already had 14-15 inches on the ground before the storm last week... therefore we now have well over 2 feet of snow. Crazy! But I love it :) Have fun with your NYE Do over! I hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete