Image Map

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Vegan Banana Bread & Carrot Juice

One of my goals this week was to make one new recipe so I decided to make a Vegan Banana Bread recipe that I found on Pinterest. Seriously, where else would I get a recipe other than Pinterest? Best.Website.Ever. You can follow me on Pinterest Here!

The recipe can be found here. But here are the details:

Ingredients
2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour,
1 cup unbleached All Purpose Flour
1 cup toasted Pecans, roughly chopped (see Tips)
1 tbsp. Baking Powder
1-1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. fine Sea salt
3-4 ripe bananas (enough to make 2 cups)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Canola/Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup pure Maple Syrup (see Tips)
4 tsp. Vanilla extract

Preheat Oven 350F.
1.       Mash the bananas. Set aside.
2.       In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3.       In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients along with mashed bananas. Whisk until well blended.
4.       Using a rubber spatula, fold the wet mixture into the dry.
5.       Fold in the nuts. Do not over mix. Few lumps are perfectly fine.
6.       Pour the batter into a greased 4-by-8 inch loaf pan or 8-inch square baking pan.
7.       Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
8.       Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving.

 
This turned out SO good. It was moist and had just enough flavor. We had this for our after dinner snack and then warmed up for breakfast the following morning. I will definitely be making this again!
 

I have been doing really well at juicing almost every day. At a minimum I am making a juice every other day. I used the ABC Juice below as inspiration to make this one. It tasted Great!

 
I made juice for 3 people and this is what I used:
1 Beet
6 Celery Pieces
2 Apples
8 carrots
1 Knuckle Ginger

Here are some juice recipes that were posted on facebook at Juicing Vegetables. He posts new juice recipes every day and is very helpful to newbie juicers such as myself!
 

This weekend I am going to attempt to make Vegan Brownies using this Recipe. Brownies aer my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE so I am hoping they turn out good.

Baking is my biggest challenge when it comes to following a Vegan lifestyle. Finding a truly good substitute for eggs has been challenging for me. But I will keep on trying!

Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot!
    here

    ReplyDelete